2024 East London Study Tour
Greater Western Sydney meets East London, North and South of the Thames.
The Western Sydney Leadership Dialogue is hosting its second East London Study Tour (ELST) in June 2024 to meet those people in the UK who had the big vision, planned the transport links, delivered the new universities,
framed unique governance models, consulted the communities and ultimately shaped a new city east of the Tower Bridge. This allowed London to manage its population growth, change its employment base, host an Olympics, build a regional brand, address regional social disadvantage and unlock trillions of dollars of economic value.
The 2024 cohort will get an insider’s view of the mega-projects and meet with local policy boffins, regulators, planners, developers, academics and community leaders. Importantly, the five-year break between visits will allow us to review progress since the Dialogue’s 2019 ELST and particularly look at social service provision and investment in a post-pandemic context.
Sunday 2 June – Friday 7 June 2024
The program, including 5 nights premium accommodation in London, transfers, most meals and other travel essentials (but not flights) will cost $12,500 + GST
For any enquiries about the 2024 East London Study Tour, please contact our events team.
Expression of Interest
Submit your expression of interest
What's on the Agenda
Reviewing how East London managed/manages:
- Strategic planning and development of urban renewal
- Government, industry and NGO collaborations
- Attracting global investment and smart local jobs
- Integrated health, education and technology hubs
- Relocation of arts, tourism, education and sport facilities
- Community housing partnerships
- Retail, commercial and residential investors
- TODs and placemaking
- Decarbonisation and public spaces
- Social infrastructure legacy and community engagement
Senior representatives from organisations such as:
- State, Federal & Local government officials
- Academics and public policy practitioners
- Strategic planning professionals and consultants
- Developers, designers and investors
- Health & education precinct managers
- Community housing providers/ regulators
- Infrastructure contractors and transport operators
- Tourism, arts, sport, retail and entertainment producers
- Think tanks and community organisations